Saturday, July 7, 2012

26:365

      
    Sozo, House 1, has a dog.  I wouldn't call him a "pet" so much - since that's not really the culture here in Africa, but his name is Max and I love him a lot.  He reminds me of my two angels at home - Tootsie (who my mother is caring for and I couldn't be more thankful) and Beamer (who now has a new fabulous home in my absence).  Max got hurt really badly this morning when he was out for his weekly run with our other dog Fox - and their lady friend.  I couldn't stand to take a pic of his wound, but I'm 99% sure it is healing wonderfully.  Before today everyone here at the house (kids and mzungus included) have pretty much ignored (and seriously disliked) Max.  He barks annoyingly at night (when he's trying to protect us).  He jumps and nips at us when we have to run through the yard at night and he's out of his pin - but it's just because he doesn't get much (if any) attention during the day.  Today he has been loved on, cared for and treated.  I think he may be becoming a real pet as his recovery continues - and I'm super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment