Tuesday, May 21, 2013

freedom.

"The trail allowed me to feel a strong sense of FREEDOM.
And it helped me to see the oppression of a busy schedule 
and the way we multitask in civilization.
I no longer saw what was civil about filling my life with commitments if 
I couldn't stop to watch the sunset 
or listen to the birds sing."
-Odyssa
finished via headlamp tonight.  bring it on 2,175 miles!! 

I loved this excerpt from Pharr's journal: 
One of my favorite things about the trail is that you don't see your face.  I mean, I guess you can see it in the reflection of the water, but there are no mirrors, no vanities, and no places to check yourself out.  I used to think that people perceived me based on how I look, but now that I don't see my face, I feel like people perceived me by how I treat them - that is, by what I say to them and how well I listen.  Now I feel beautiful when I make other people smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment