Thursday, February 23, 2012

nothing is random.

I received an email from my boss asking if I wanted to attend his monthly Rotary luncheon this week as a guest.  He heard there was going to be a presentation made from a group of High School students who had raised money for a school in Africa, and he thought I might enjoy the presentation.  He was right.  Yesterday I attended the luncheon and I was absolutely broken (yet again) in the face of my God.  His works are awesome... and they are everywhere. 
On our way to the luncheon we discussed how - even though we were running late - I wanted to try to sit with the students involved.  I wanted to speak encouragement to them and tell them briefly my story (I thought they might enjoy hearing that I have been, and am returning soon, to Africa.  I wanted to encourage them in their efforts and thank them for their hearts in supporting a global project such as this (where ever in Africa it may be).  I was just overjoyed that a group of High School students would mirror my heart beat (God's really) and were moved to support Africa, and Her children.  Of course, as God so perfectly arranged, when I arrived there was one empty seat... at the table right next to the two girls making the presentation.  #1: Not only was the High School represented Hoover HS (MY HIGH SCHOOL) but #2: These girls had raised money for RAYS OF HOPE school in Uganda... the EXACT school I will be serving with Sozo in in less than a month!  WHAT!?!?  God, seriously - I couldn't take it.  I was overwhelmed and moved by this divine connection as our conversation developed over lunch and I heard about the most perfectly woven connections that ONLY our Creator himself could have orchestrated.  This seemingly random luncheon turned out to display God's glory - right there at the monthly Rotary meeting.  It gives me chills even writing about it now.  Of all the schools, in all of the villages... it was EXACTLY where the Lord has also led ME.  Thank you sweet Jesus for your continual confirmation - and for being in every single detail of this journey. 
Taylor Yates & Payton Williams - of Hoover HS (Interact Club)

I was presented with this coin after telling my story about serving in Africa. 
I will be going to Hoover HS on March 7th when the money is presented for Rays of Hope School in Uganda!  I can't wait to stay in touch with these sweet girls and see how God uses them, as young leaders, to change the world... starting with Uganda!

1 comment: