Tuesday, February 21, 2012

on air.

Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
and he delivered them from their distress.
He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed.
Then they were glad that the waters were quite,
and he brought them to their desired haven.
Psalm 107:28-30

Dana and I had the wonderful opportunity to be guests at a local radio station (WDJC) on their Wednesday morning segment called "A Call to Prayer" today.  I was extremely nervous driving to the station as the prayer requests started flooding in via e-mail, face book, twitter, and countless callers.  The enemy was at work trying to make me feel inadequate to pray for such great need and I feared I wouldn't be able to connect to the callers and offer appropriate encouragement and prayer.  I kept speaking truth to myself over and over, mainly: "for God gave us a spirit not for fear, but of power and love and self-control" (2 Tim. 1:7).  I knew this morning wasn't about me or anything I needed to be able to do.  It was all about God, and our connection with Him through through His great love and mercy - displayed by the death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ.  I was clinging to that truth.  Of course, I burst into tears as soon as I stepped foot into the studio.  No surprise there.  I get so overwhelmed with the presence of the Holy Spirit I'm literally broken every time, without fail.  It's awesome.  The time at WDJC flew by.  We listened to caller after caller with both requests and praises.  It was like every time we were faced with the weight of a great need, we were met with a story about how God had provided.  Miracles!  In Birmingham.  He's ALIVE, and I love it.  I won't soon forget: Wes, who is a new Pastor with a growing group of youth.  Andrew, who is fighting for his life after a near fatal car wreck last night.  Mary and Joseph, who are rejoicing from God's healing touch.  Mothers, trying desperately to conceive... and the several marriages, trying desperately to stay together.  I am confident that God is working in and through each of these stories and I was honored to join them in prayer today.





Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment