Wednesday, January 25, 2012

exhausted.

Today... has been an absolute whirlwind.  I've scaled the wall to break into Jordan-Hare Stadium and hugged the hipster that designed our new threads.  I've sold random Craigslist items in the Wal-Mart parking lot (what's new?) and proudly sported my alumnae pin in my first post-graduation Sigma Kappa chapter (dove love)!   I've cried uncontrollably and laughed hysterically - literally, back to back.  I've called my brother in an absolute panic after my car QUIT on me in the Post Office parking lot, and prayed over 100+ sisters as they listened to Dana and I plea for the advance of the Kingdom in Africa.  I've made our first joint-checking deposit today from monies collected for fundraising shirts at Charles Schwab - an absolutely unexpected honeyhole filled with encouragers, supporters, and new friends; an obvious God-inspired arrangement.  To end it all - I enjoyed a two hour blessing of a conversation, being reminded of how precious life is.  Life, is but a breath - a vapor - scripture tells us, and tonight I am on my knees thanking the Lord Almighty for every breath I was able to enjoy today... and for every breath (God-willing) I will take tomorrow.   Today... has been a whirlwind, and while I don't even have the energy to write an adequate blog about it all (I will tomorrow, I promise)- I do want to jot down my spotty emotions at this moment, before I head to bed. 

Humbled. Amazed. Honored. Blessed. Overjoyed. Inspired. Worshiping.
Jesus. Father. Provider. Cup-runneth-OVER.




I have to share with you possibly my favorite moment from today:
I let Dana borrow one of my 3 Sigma Kappa pins to wear to chapter tonight... and as I explained to everyone over lunch - yes, these are some of the few items I own that appear on the DO NOT SELL list.  One was my sisters - which I was proudly pinned with on my initiation day (10/15/00).  One was my legit EK pin, and one is my alumnae pin - all of which are proudly displayed on my cheesy Sigma Kappa purple "pin pillow."   Anyway, as Dana and I were leaving Auburn and I was reminding her to carefully take off my EK pin so I could return it to its pillow she commented: 

 "Laura, I can see it now - fifty years from now your grand-daughter is going to be selling these 10K gold pins for their melt down value, desperately trying to get cash for her upcoming mission trip to Africa!"

At the moment I found it hysterical, that I have been so sentimental about these pins.  The truth is: If I am indeed blessed with grand-daughters, and they are ever in doubt... SELL THE PIN (and everything else )! 
 MAKE THE CASH.  GET TO AFRICA.  AND SPREAD THE WORD!

1 comment: