Thursday, January 5, 2012

miracle alert.

I love the faithfulness of God, even in the details!  Knowing that His son, Jesus Christ, was fully-God AND fully-man (God in the FLESH) is almost hard for me to sometimes comprehend.  I think I struggle with the truth that Jesus not only can relate to us, but he makes our concerns of His utmost importance.  1 Peter 5:7 reminds us "You can throw the whole weight of your anxieties upon Him, for YOU are HIS personal concern."  It blows my mind that the Creator of the Universe, God Almighty, makes ME His personal concern.  My dog, Beamer, is a perfect example of 1 Peter 5:7 playing out in my life. 
When I finally decided to begin this journey I started by creating a list of "Things I'm Believing God For" ... aka: former excuses, that I'm laying at the foot of the cross once and for all.  (I'm a list-maker, a spreadsheet creator, its what I do!)  I decided to trust that if God had truly called me to pick up and move to Africa, He was going to provide!  I decided to make my prayers more specific - and believe for miracles in my life to make this happen!  As funny as it may sound, my two dogs (Tootsie & Beamer) were literally top on my list.  Finding PERFECT homes for them was just not negotiable for me.  I was prepared to ask, and believe, for miracles in this department.  I'll spare you the details about how much my dogs mean to me, and how they are the most precious gifts ever... because I'm sure most of you can relate.  I couldn't even talk about giving up my dogs to anyone without crying, so I decided to start with a short e-mailable "bio" on each dog, detailing out their personalities and what a dream home for each would look like - photos included, etc.  See below for just some highlight pics of "Beam"...
I was very specific about what "needs" Beamer would require from his new home: a big yard, active family, kids to play with, etc... basically requiring a serious "trade up" from his life with me. I sent out this "bio" email to only two individuals (at this point not fully ready to make this huge leap) and asked that they share it, in hopes of helping me find two loving homes.  Immediately, when I hit "send" - God moved!  I had an AMAZING potential home wanting Beamer before the end of the day!!  In a matter of weeks Beamer and I were headed to the Dellaccio home for an "introductory visit" - which eventually led to his adoption!  I had cried and prayed Psalm 94:19 the entire way to Vestavia - "when anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul," I couldn't make eye contact with Beamer the entire way, and it took me several minutes to physically get out of my car when we arrived.  I finally made it into the new home with Beamer and almost immediately broke into a full-on sob session as I explained that as much as I loved Beamer, I loved the Gospel more.  This family understood.   
Beamer en route that day...
I left laughing... and rejoicing in the Lord!  Truth: I AM HIS PERSONAL CONCERN.  The Dellaccio family is a God-send to me, and to Beamer.  They are perfect in so many ways and I consider them my miracle family.  I am so thankful to Mr. & Mrs. Dellaccio and their 3 children who have been loving on Beamer perfectly for almost a month now.  They send me updates and pictures of Beam, and even inspirational messages to keep me encouraged on my journey!  I'm choked up even thinking about this family, and how much they mean to me.  God hears our prayers.  He knows the desires and cares of our heart, and He is faithful... even in the furry details!!
Here is a pic of Beamer enjoying his new family, please keep the Dellaccio's in your prayers!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of your sweet words. We are so blessed to have Beamer. It is the least we can do in support of the most important job you will ever do. We will be praying that this journey is a huge success. Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete